We all want to take good care of our skin, but stepping into the beauty or drug store is a mind-boggling job. With so many products that claim to give the best skin results, it becomes hard to know which is majorly required.
A skincare routine varies depending on the skin type of a person and what results are desired. Young people are more focused on protecting their skin from the sun and pollution while others who have acne problems keep searching for solutions for the same.
People with more mature skin would like to prevent the fine lines, blemish, and other aging signs. Following good skincare practice will make your skin look young and great, but it needs not to be very perplexing.
Here are some of the tips to follow a good skincare routine!
Morning skin routine refers to skin protection and while night one is for repairing it. Here is what you need in your morning routine.
- Cleanser: Even if your face feels clean in the morning, washing your face with a gentle cleanser is advise. Make sure that it will not leave your skin dry. A good facial cleanser is the one that suits your skin, like different for oily skin, normal and sensitive skin.
- Toner: A lot of people are unconvinced when it comes to toner, but there are multiple perspectives linked to it. The first of it is that you are always not able to remove the makeup, dirt, and oil by cleansing.
The next thing is that the skin brightening toner ensures the pH balance for the skin doesn’t get disturbed by the normal tap water. How toner work for your skin is by moisturizing, calming, and exfoliating the skin along with treating skin conditions. So, pick the right one, always!
- Serum: Go for the product that contains antioxidants like vitamin C, E, or ferulic acid. It can help in hydrating the skin and also brighten it. Serums work as a shield to protect the skin from environmental damage.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen with at least SPF 30 is suggest to protect the skin from UV rays. Go for the product having oxide, zinc, or titanium oxide.
Read More: “Why Scalp Care Is The New Way Of Skin Care?“
The night routine should focus on cleaning and repairing your skin. Follow the steps to get the best results!
- Makeup remover: Cleansers do not necessarily take off your makeup, using the makeup remover is a good option. There are various options available that work as a makeup remover including wipes, balms, or micellar water.
- Cleanser: A gentle cleanser, the same one that you have used in the morning or a different one suitable for your skin type. The acne-prone skin needs face wash with salicylic acid in it. Middle-age people should go for either hydroxy acid that can brighten up the skin and work for pigmentation as well.
- Toner: If you are not using make-up remover at night before washing out your face, wipe up the face with a toner that will also remove dirt from the face. It is more suitable for oily skin. Some toners are alcohol-based and can divest natural oil from the skin, leading to skin dryness.
- Night Cream: The final step includes applying night cream on a routine basis. It can be Vitamin A based cream that will help to build new collagen and keep the skin look younger. You can also add a moisturizer in case the cream dries out the skin.
Whether you know it or not, moisturizer is need by everybody. Even people with oily skin do! It works as a true basic; choose one with a good SPF during the day.
Eye cream should be used in the morning as well as evening and should be part of your daily routine. There is no exception!
Your skin needs extra love and attention, more if you have concerning skin conditions. Mask is an extra special essential product, making your skin look and feel fresh and amazing. One or two days in a week are fine to use.
Go for ingredients, always!
When you talk about skin, there are a variety of products that claim to give proper skincare. From skin brightening toners, moisturizers to face wash and cleaners, you should be careful to choose the products.
Not every pricey thing does well to your skin! Similarly, not every natural product will suit your skin. Investing more in ingredients than products is highly suggested. Since many beauty products contain chemicals, preservatives, or fragrances, your skin will see some kind of reaction, irritation, or dryness. People with sensitive skin need to be extra careful when choosing the products for their skin. Also, you should keep in mind that a product will not give you glowing skin if you don’t take care of it from the inside out.