The QuickBooks Error 6144 82 is a 6000 series QBs error that prevails due to the invalid setup of system settings & configuration. The QuickBooks error -6144 -82 can also prevail due to some problems in the Windows registry editor. Moreover, you cannot open the company files as they are being accessed by some other applications. Further, you will not be able to work on the QuickBooks software.
With this post, we will guide you to fix the error 6144 82 QuickBooks. It is a basic error & thus, can be easily resolved. Just be with us and you will easily learn all the concepts associated with QuickBooks error 6144.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
- Damaged and broken network data (.nd ) file.
- Permission not given & allowance not granted to set up the company file sharing.
- Firewall settings and Configuration are not properly done.
- Damaged and broken transaction log (TLG) file.
- Under malware, viruses and ransomware attacks.
- Network setup issues and connectivity troubles.
Triggers To Detect QuickBooks Error 6144 82
- “We are very sorry for this inconvenience” text error message blinks on the desktop screen.
- Your Windows Operating System is not operating properly.
- The system becomes slow in its operations.
- Many times, QuickBooks Error 6144 82 error texts can appear on the desktop screen.
- The software QuickBooks Desktop is not working properly.
Error 6144 82 Quickbooks Repair: 4 Quick Solutions
Solution 1: Quickbooks Hub Tool & File Doctor Tool
- Firstly, go to the Intuit website & look for the QuickBooks hub tool download.
- Download the Quickbooks Hub Tool exe file.
- Double-click on the exe file.
- An installation wizard will come up, go through the on-screen guidelines and accept the terms & conditions.
- Moving further, launch the installed tool & click on the tab Company file issues.
- Here, you will see a green-colored tab of Run Quickbooks File Doctor.
- Just click on this option to do the QuickBooks file repair process & conduct the scan.
- Next, this scan will auto-detect all the problems and errors that are interrupting the Quickbooks company files.
- Wait for sometime and let the scan be completed.
- Lastly, check whether the QuickBooks doctor tool is able to eliminate all the errors from your system.
Solution 2: Transaction Log & Network Data Files Rename
For this solution, we will rename the network data (ND) and transaction log (TLG) files and add the .old extension at the end of the filename. For this, go through the steps here below.
- Firstly, open the software Quickbooks Desktop.
- Moving Further, use the F2 key on the keyboard.
- Now, you will have all the details of the company file directory location.
- Moving further, choose the folder where all the company files are stored.
- Click on the company files with the .tlg and .nd extension in the filename.
- Next, with a right mouse click on the above chosen files, go for the option Rename.
- Further, add .old at the end of the filename.
- Carry out the similar process for the remaining .tlg and .nd files.
- Lastly, sign in to the software Quickbooks Desktop & verify for the ongoing prevalence of the error.
Solution 3: Setting Up Quickbooks User Permission
There can be problems associated with the users’ permission in case of the existence of the QuickBooks 6144 error. Just follow the below steps to counter the error.
- Firstly, open the software QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the upper right pane, tap on the option Company.
- Moving further, you will get the option of Set Up Users and Roles. Tap on it.
- Now, fill in the password and choose a username from the given usernames list.
- Choose the user permission.
- Lastly, you need to open the software QuickBooks and verify for the existence of the ongoing error.
Still, it prevails, then goes for the next solution below.
Solution 4: Windows Registry Repair
As you operate the repairing process of the System windows registry, the majority of the QuickBooks errors will no longer be present in your system. To do the Windows Registry repair, go through the steps below.
- Firstly, open the command prompt from the start menu.
- Moving ahead, hold the CTRL + Shift keys, then hit Enter.
- A dialog box will pop up on the desktop screen & hit Yes.
- Under the window, write down Regedit and hit Enter.
- Reach out to the Registry Editor and go for the option related to 6144 82.
- Next, under the File menu, select the Export option.
- You now need to select a directory drive location, where you want to save the QuickBooks key.
- Lastly, rename the folder & add the .reg extension in the filename.
Additionally, you may also like to read “Error 1328 Quickbooks: Fix With Easiest Solution“.
This post serves as an informative guide for all the users looking to counter QuickBooks Error 6144 82. Our content includes the basics of the error along with detailed solutions to fix the error permanently. We are optimistic that you will not be disappointed by any means and will easily clear out any such errors encountered in the near future.