Screen blinking with QuickBooks Error 1328? Not able to update the software? Error in QuickBooks Installation? All such problems fall under the domain of QuickBooks Update Error 1328. In this post, we will help you to counter this error & troubleshoot it on your system. Let us now begin with a brief on this error.
QuickBooks Update Error 1328
Error 1328 Quickbooks Update is a general error that happens when a user does the installation, uninstallation, repairing, or updating. It will be read as c:/config.ms/PT**.TMP. This is a temporary location of the folder that saves all the data & conducts the installation once again when the installation fails.
Also, check “Quickbooks error 15215 servers not responding“.
Causes For QuickBooks Update Error 1328
The QuickBooks error 1328 can prevail in your software due to these reasons here below:
- Viruses, malware and ransomware attacks.
- Pirated download and incomplete installation of the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Broken QBs related files.
- Network setup & connection issues while operating QBs.
- Invalid entries used during the software uninstallation.
- Updates and installation failure.
- Untimely shut down.
Identifying The Triggers of QuickBooks Error Code 1328
- Quickbooks release update error message 1328: Such message error comes up.
- The response time to the commands becomes high.
- In case of restrictions coming in the updating or installation process.
- Your system halts from time to time.
- The input commands are not functioning properly.
Top Solutions To Repair QuickBooks Update 1328 Error
The solutions to troubleshoot Error 1328 QuickBooks are as follows:
Solution 1: Registry Repair Tool
- Firstl, apply the registry repair tool & start repairing the registry entries of the QBs software.
- Next, use a virus tool removal and prevent the malware and other ransomware attacks.
- Eliminate all the corrupted, outdated, temporary, broken, and junk files.
- Delete all the present PC drivers old and outdated.
- Further, restore all the system settings through the Undo under Recent System Changes option.
- Under the Control panel, uninstall QuickBooks and conduct a clean reinstallation via the QuickBooks clean install utility tool.
- Do the Scan & use the Windows System File Checker (SFC).
Solution 2: QBs Installation Repair
- First, go to the Start Menu and write up the Control Panel within the search field.
- Use the tab Programs and Features.
- Under the pop-up list, select the program QuickBooks desktop and then hit on Uninstall.
- The QBs wizard will come up, tap on Repair.
- Lastly, apply the patch after this process and then open the program.
Solution 3: Searching the config.msi File
- Navigate to My Computer and click on Drive C.
- In the drive, navigate to the Hidden files and folders.
- Then, use the option Tools & go to the Folders option.
- Further, click on Options and then hit on the Hidden files as well as folders.
- Click on Apply All Changes and then on OK.
- Do a right-mouse click on the file config.msi & rename it with old^ prior to the file extension.
- Finally, hit the Enter button & it will help you in protecting your system and the hidden files & folders.
Solution 4: Reinstall The Software QuickBooks Via Clean Installation
After installing the software, you can access the QuickBooks clean install tool to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop. For this, do as given below.
- Use a CD installation Package, you can now clean install QuickBooks directly.
- Secondly, go to the Intuit QuickBooks site, you will have to look for the software and download it. Access the downloaded exe file & go as per the screen instructions of the installer window, complete this process, & click on Finish.
Method 5: Updating Windows
MSXML, C++, and Microsoft .Net Windows components are important to the functioning of the software QuickBooks. So, you need to have the updated Windows OS. To do this, learn below.
- First, tap on the Start Menu and write down Windows updates under the search field.
- A windows updates icon will pop up on the list. Tap on it.
- Moving further, choose the option named Check for Updates.
- A list of all the available updates will now come up. Go for the latest version available.
- Wait for a few moments and let the Windows Update be finished.
- Finally, you need to restart your system.
Solution 6: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First, go to the Intuit website and look to download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- After the download, open the exe file & you will get an installer wizard.
- Accept the terms 7 conditions & do as per the on-screen guidelines.
- Lastly, tap on FInish.
- Open the diagnostic tool.
- After updating the components, restart the PC.
This article is a useful handbook for anyone who is looking to counter QuickBooks Error 1328. With the error basics and quick detailed solutions, our content will prove to be an asset for you. We hope you will get through our methods easily and are no longer stuck anywhere.